Possibly a dangerous extra holiday commitment? Absolutely! Am I doing it anyway? Oh, yes.
So I reached a nice round follower milestone the other day that I’d promised myself I’d celebrate, and I can’t think of a better way to do that than express my appreciation for you, the people who stick around for the Fenris or the Mass Effect or even the eye stuff (or perhaps in spite of those things!). Whether we’ve spoken much or we’ve only seen each other in passing, it means a lot to me that you’ve bothered to like or reblog or even just read a bit here and there, and I wanted to thank you in pretty much the only way a poor graduate student can.
Well! Enough of that bourgeois sentimentality; on to the rules!
1. As expected, this is for current followers only.I’m sure I’ll be doing this again in the future, though!
2. Entry credit for one like and one reblog! I don’t want anyone’s dash overwhelmed.
3. There will be two prizes, both the same: a ficlet of roughly 1,000-3,000 words or thereabouts, anyway, given my proclivity for longwindedness. I can at least guarantee the minimum, and I’ll let you know if it looks like it’s going to run long.
4. This can feature any characters or pairings (or lack of pairings!) you like. I’m most comfortable with DA2, Origins, and the Mass Effect series, though I could probably try Bleach, the Queen’s Thief series, or the Riddle-Master trilogy if you really, really want. If you have any questions about what I will/won’t write, please feel free to message me! I honestly can’t think of much outside of some extreme kinks that I’m not willing to do out-of-hand, but if you’re curious, I’m more than willing to talk with you about it.
5. This post will be open until December 19th, my last day of final exams. I’m hoping this will give me plenty of time to get something back to you by Christmas. Or New Year’s at the very latest, but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.
Okay, I think that’s it! I’ve got my spreadsheet and my random number generator, and all that’s left is to thank you again and wish you all the best of luck. So—good luck! :D
Stocking progress! I did end up replacing the hat because once I saw the bad proportions I couldn’t unsee them, so this one fits him much better. And the DUCK. The duck came out SO WELL.
Only details left: some snowflakes, a sprig of mistletoe, a border (didn’t like the one I did originally, so the jury’s still out on that), fringe the scarf, and embroider the name. Time for a cup of tea!
Spent a lovely evening rereading w0rdinista’s Peter Wimsey Christmas fic and making a new stocking. Our family has a tradition of appliqued felt stockings, and I gave up kits a long time ago, but I think the last new stocking I made was 7 or 8 years ago. This summer, our family expanded a bit when my son asked his girl to marry him, and so I looked about a for a suitable design, found one on a magazine cover, and have been freehanding it from there. It’s a niche skill, freehand cutting felt, but I’m pretty good at it. :)
On reflection, I’m none too sure about that hat, but I’m not about to redo it. Chalk it up to the charming inconsistency of the handmade objet d’art.Wait, now I have an idea about how to fix that hat. Stay tuned.
…but the fact the I am officially dead may or may not be tied to the date and time of day. That is all.